Snowshoe Rocky Mt. National Park
Add outdoor recreation to your Valentine’s Day celebration at Estes Park’s Winter Trails Day February 14th. The annual event offers children and adults new to snow sports the chance to try snowshoeing and cross country skiing for free. Activities held at Rocky Mountain National Park’s Glacier Basin park and ride include demonstrations, free use of snowshoes, guided hikes and the President’s Challenge Clinic.
Winter Trails Day Program:
- Guided snowshoe hikes, winter safety presentations, and expert advice on fitting and selection of snowshoes.
- Ongoing demonstrations and free use of snowshoes
- Outdoor gear product demonstrations
- Igloo Construction. Igloo Craftsman will be demonstrating the art of constructing an Igloo throughout the day.
- President’s Challenge Clinic: Children and Adults who participate in learning stations at this venue can earn a special Certificate of Participation from The President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports. The learning stations include Snowshoe Basics, How to Dress for Winter Outdoor Activity, Nutrition and Hydration Tips, Basic Condition Exercises and Essentials for Winter Hiking and Camping.
Events are free, however entrance fees for the park are required. Extend the fun with a three-day holiday weekend stay in Estes Park.