Eat, Drink and Make Music
Sample BBQ, chili, trout, wine and ale, listen to bluegrass and jazz, fish for free, view the Rockies from a hot air balloon or step back to the 1840s – festival season in Colorado kicks into full gear. Enjoy!
- Colorado Free Fishing Days – Across the state, June 6-7. The Colorado Division of Wildlife allows fishing without a license the first full weekend of June. Bag and possession limits and special regulations apply, check the website for full details.
- Arvada Trails Day – Bike, hike or horseback ride in celebration of Arvada’s 140 parks and 125 miles of trails, Majestic View Nature Center 10am-2pm.
- BalloonaVista – Buena Vista, June 6-7. Balloon assents, evening glow, breakfast and dinner, art walk, dog show and kite flying contest fill the weekend.
- Hang with Dad – Delta, June 6. Fourth annual Fatherhood events including climbing wall, dunk tank, water-balloon launchers, karaoke, food and prizes.
- CHUN Capitol Hill People’s Fair – Denver, June 6—7. Denver converges on Civic Center Park for arts and crafts, food and entertainment – the city’s favorite kick-off to summer, free admission.
- Denver Bronco Fan Fair – Denver, June 6. A day of orange and blue as fans meet players, coaches and cheerleaders. Autograph and picture opts plus Game Zone and Kids Zone with a special kids only autograph station, tickets at Ticketmaster.
- First Saturday at the Governor’s Residence at Boettcher Mansion – Denver, June 6. Dancing, music, painting and more honors Discovering Colorado’s Rich Asian Heritage at the free family day from 11am-2pm.
- La Piazza Dell ‘Arte: Italian Pastel Chalk Art Event – Denver, June 6-7. More than 200 artists turn the streets of Larimer Square into a gallery of amazing chalk art plus Italian food and wine.
- Elizabeth Stampede – Elizabeth, June 5-7. Rodeo events sanctioned by Professional Bull Riders, Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association and the Women’s Professional Rodeo Association. Parade, dance and for the younger set Mutton Bustin.
- Golden Farmer’s Market opening day – Golden, June 6. Continues on Saturdays through Oct. 3 offering fresh fruits, vegetables, breads and flowers. Master gardeners, food booths and free horse-drawn carriage rides.
- Trout Cook-off – Keystone, June 6. Fishing derby, chef competitions, trout cooking demos, wine pairings and kids corner at this 5th annual free event.
- Living History Encampment, Bent’s Old Fort – LaJunta, June 5-6. Participants assume the roles of 1840 trappers, traders, blacksmiths, carpenters, soldiers, domestics and laborers 24-hours a day during the encampment.
- Limon Railroad Days – Limon, June 6-7. Operating model layouts, swap meet, Limon Railroad Museum, food and fun.
- Goodguys 12th Colorado Nationals – Loveland, June 5-7. More than 2,000 hot rods, custom and classic cars at the Ranch, Larimer County Fairgrounds.
- Manitou Springs Wine Festival – Manitou Springs, June 6. Two dozen wineries pour their specialties in Memorial Park. Tasting tickets $30/person.
- Pagosa Folk ‘n Bluegrass Festival – Pagosa Springs, June 5-7. A weekend of music at Reservoir Hill Park, on site camping available. Free concert Friday night at Pagosa Spring Town Park Gazebo.
- Boats, Blues & BBQ – Pueblo, June 5-6. Historic Arkansas River Pueblo celebrates with its 8th annual event including Kansas City BBQ Society sanctioned cook-off competition.
- Snowmass Chili Pepper Brew Fest – Snowmass Village, June 5-6. International Chili Society and microbreweries’ summer ale competitions plus lots of live music.
- Telluride Balloon Festival – Telluride, June 6-7. The 26th annual festival sees colorful balloons lift off from Town Park each morning, On Saturday evening tethered balloons GLO on Main Street, free.
- Telluride Jazz Celebration – Telluride, June 5-7. Three days, two stages, dozens of jazz musicians entertain at this 33rd annual event.
- Teva Mountain Games – Vail, June 4-7. Professional and amateur athletes complete in seven mountain sports – bouldering to extreme kayaking. Auxiliary events include photography contest, film school and festival and live music.
- Vallecito Lake Fishing Tournament – Vallecito, June 5-7. Head to Vallecito Lake with rod and reel for a fishing tournament and Saturday night fish fry.