We’ve Had Better Days
Yellowstone National Park to Helena, Montana
- Bad night – Bob’s not feeling well.
- Day is cloudy – the sky’s the same color as the steam and sprayfrom the geysers and fumaroles, forecast includes rain.
- Breakfast at Old Faithful Inn Dining Room.
- Nancy snaps a few pictures, watches Old Faithful one more time and goes to the temporary visitors center – the new one is taking shape.
- We see a couple of bison grazing very close to the road, also a larger bison herds in meadows plus elk, a pair of nesting bald eagles and a muskrat swimming down the river.
- Before leaving the park we stop at the Junior Ranger Cabin near Madison Junction.
- Route US191 from West Yellowstone to Belgrade, goes through the extreme western portion of the park, then follows the Gallatine River for miles and miles.
- Route US287 from west of Three Forks to Helena – broad valley with mountains in all directions, lots of wheat fields irrigated from the wide Missouri (River).
- Wingate Hotel, Helena – this is a good facility and good value.
- No prime rib at Silver Star Steak Company tonight, no Great Northern Carousel ride, no fun!
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: