Blues, Brews and Birthday Cake
Run a marathon, pet a llama or down a beer in Estes Park. Celebrate the sesquicentennial in Golden, climb a wall in Denver and feast in Fort Collins.
- Fiesta Aurora – Aurora, June 14. Celebrate Latino culture with music, dance, art and food at Fletcher Plaza on East Colfax.
- National Get Outdoors Day – Denver, June 13. Take the President’s Physical Fitness Challenge, introduce kids to new outdoor activities, learn to plan inexpensive family outings at Denver City Park. Free.
- Estes Park Marathon – Estes Park, June 14. Run at altitude – the Estes Park Marathon is the highest paved route marathon in the country. There’s also a half-marathon, 10k, 5k and children’s fun run in the shadow of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Estes Park Wool Market – Estes Park, June 13-14. From on the hoof to off the loom one of the largest all-natural fiber markets in North America is in its 19th year. Workshops, demonstrations, vendors and competitions for sheep, llama, alpaca, and Cashmere & Angora goat and children’s tent with hands-on activities – something for everyone.
- Rocky Mountain Brewfest – Estes Park, June 13. Beers from Colorado Craft Brewers and live music.
- Taste of Fort Collins – Fort Collins, June 13-14. Food from local Northern Colorado restaurants, music, and eclectic array of fine art with proceeds benefit Special Olympics Larimer County and Kiwanis Club International. Wear off some of the eats with a 5k run/walk.
- High Plains Disc Golf Tournament – Fort Morgan, June 13-14. Watch for low flying objects at two days of competition for professional and amateur disc golf players.
- 150th Anniversary Celebration Golden’s – Golden, June 12. Friday night is one big anniversary party in Golden, a parade steps off down Washington Avenue at 6:30, history themed games and concert by the Jefferson Symphony Orchestra in Lions Park. Thousands of slices of birthday cake and ice cream served before a laser light show after dark. Free.
- Golden’s Wild West Auto Roundup – Golden, June 13. More than 200 vintage and muscle cars, hot rods and street rods, trucks, original stock and race cars line Washington Avenue for the 18th Annual Auto Roundup. Lots of other activities downtown and on Clear Creek.
- Greeley Blues Jam – Greeley, June 12-13. Greeley gets the blues two days in June, downtown on Friday – free, Island Grove Park on Saturday, ticketed event with kids 12 and under free.
- Colorado Renaissance Festival – Larkspur, June 13-14. Harken back to the 16th century with a day at this 33rd annual popular festival. Music, games, entertainment, crafts and food – including turkey legs. Open Saturdays and Sundays until August 2.
- Old Spanish Trail Music Festival – Monte Vista, June 13. Highlights the music of peoples living along the old Spanish Trail – country, folk, jazz, pop, rock ‘n roll, and Spanish. Held in Chapman Park with artisans, craftsmen and food vendors.
- Palisade Bluegrass ‘n Roots Music Festival – Palisade, June 12-14. Acoustic music on the banks of the Colorado River with on-site camping, jam sessions, workshops, artisan demonstrations for adults and children. Of course there’s local wines, micro-brews and food.
- Parker Country Festival – Parker, June 12-14. Three days of carnival, food, crafts and free music plus a Saturday morning parade in downtown Parker.
- Silver Cliff Heritage and Mining Days – Silver Cliff, June 13-14. Join in celebrating 150 years of mining in Colorado. Kids can pan for gold, race their stick horses or join the scavenger hunt.